Ok, OK! We cheated and are starting with 2 topics in our first week! Talk about setting the bar high I know…
An adaptation is anything done to amend an existing carpet for example uplifting a carpet from one area to refit it somewhere else, or removing a section where building work or new furniture is installed. The most common request we see is moving carpet from your old house to your new house.
We have taken carpet (with permission of course!) from one home to carpet two other houses in the past. If your carpet no longer works in your room from a design point of view but has life left, why not move it to another room?
Anything which is not part of the main floor covering such as door bars, stair rods and the like. These pesky extras can creep up on you but trust us, it can be a mistake to always go for the basic versions, or worse, re-use your existing ones. The reason for this is simple: you’ve just opted for a gorgeous new carpet to finish your (probably) beautifully decorated room, so why not add a stunning finishing touch and really bring the wow factor home?
We offer a range of accessories shown below, just ask us about them during your free consultation!
- The most common type of accessory.
- Comes in different styles depending on which floor types are meeting.
- Available in a wide variety of finishes.
- Can be used to create insets for mats or fireplaces.
- Used to add a decorative finish to stairs.
- Most commonly used where there is a runner (as shown).
- Can be fitted to fully carpeted stairs.
- Stair clips are also available (the ends without the rods).
- Over 500 different styles/colours of stair rod available.
- Can be added to external corners.
- Perfect for busy hallways to protect your skirting board.
- Come in 3 sizes for the perfect fit.
- Available in 10 colours.
- A great alternative to turning and tacking carpets.
- Adds a beautiful detailing to runners.
- Helps keep runners fixed on half landings.
- Stops underlay being visible on open sided stairs.
- Available in 6 colours.
- Commonly used for hard flooring installations.
- Disguises the hole in the flooring where the pipe disappears.
- Pipe covers are fitted around the pipe and loose laid.
- Use to add a touch of detailing to your room.